[wp-hackers] link_updated field in db is never updated

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Fri Jun 25 16:49:46 UTC 2004

I'm looking at throwing together a simple RSS 2.0 feed for my WordPress
managed links.  I quickly ran into an issue though, for pubDate.  I
figured that when a link is added or edited the there was probably a
field in the db that would reflect when that happened.  The
link_updated field would appear to fit the bill, except that it never
updated (not on adds and not on edits).  All of my links have a
link_updated field of '0000-00-00 00:00:00', which is the default value
for that field for some reason.

Is there any reason why the default for the field shouldn't be 'now()'?

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/