[wp-hackers] The \ problem in posts

Alex King alex at alexking.org
Wed Jun 23 21:32:14 UTC 2004

I'm not 100% sure, but I think a bug was fixed in 1.2 that kept quotes
from being double escaped, but there wasn't an accompanying upgrade
script that removed the extra backslashes from posts that already
existed in the database. The new code doesn't remove those like the old
code did, and adding a stripslashes() into the filters works great for
old posts but eats slashes in new posts because the new posts aren't
double-escaped.

Have I got this right?

--Alex

http://www.alexking.org/