[wp-hackers] Modifying admin forms via plugins

Kitty kitty at mookitty.co.uk
Wed Jun 23 10:37:31 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 16:28, Alex King wrote:
> A little extra work by the plugin developers is better than a little
> extra configuration for end users.

Amen!

> Your plugin doesn't need an extra file for settings, you can store the
> configuration settings in the database and use the form to manipulate
> them. This is even more friendly for the users. :)

Yes, add_option() with proper namespacing works fine.

> Maybe I should do a proof of concept when I get some time (if no one
> else has by then).

Check out my Links Clicker PI, it's got an interface and using the
add_option/update_option methods, with a form to edit the options. I've
been working on cleaning it up and making it so that the interface
elements are 'wrapped' in a class, so the code is 'overlooked' by the
PHP includes. So that they won't slow down loading and won't be left
exposed to a mistaken function call.
--
Cheers!
Kitty <kitty at mookitty.co.uk>