[wp-hackers] Introduce yourself

Zarniwoop florian.jung at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 20:09:48 UTC 2004

> You can work with the DOM and place whatever you like wherever you like
> it in the edit form.  See attached plugin for a simple example.

I know that javascript is an option but I don't want to rely on it.
For now I'm using a CSS positioning method a la "Hello Dolly" as
standard way or alternately you can add a hook to the edit form and
configure the plugin (Image Browser) to use the "hook method".

Since the hook method is much easier to use for plugin developers and
doesn't rely on javascript and DOM I would suggest to add two hooks to
the advanced edit form:
1) One hook for small plugins like which need to be very close to the
post content area (e.g. additional quicktags, popup windows like Image
Browser,...),
2) Another one below the user-defined fields for larger applications
(e.g. exhibit,... ).