[wp-hackers] Introduce yourself

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Jun 22 18:21:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-22 at 13:16, Ryan Boren wrote:
> > * what you'd like to get out of this list
> >
> >   - I'd like to be involved in WP development
> >   - Some more hooks in the admin panel, especially in the edit form
>
> You can work with the DOM and place whatever you like wherever you like
> it in the edit form.  See attached plugin for a simple example.

Oops.  That version forgets to check what page is being displayed, so
the added field occurs at the bottom of every admin page.  Anyway, I'm
thinking we might want to add some extra actions, such as
display_edit_post_page or maybe provide a better means of querying what
WordPress is currently doing, such as "editing post", "editing comment",
etc.