[wp-hackers] Static content plugin

Eduardo (anatman) anatman_eduardo at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 21 23:07:25 UTC 2004

Ryan Boren wrote:

> I agree, the time is ripe to consider this.  Some of the most requested
> features are sticky posts, "static" posts, and visibility control.  I
> think these are good candidates for inclusion.  The trick, as always,
> is
> getting good UI.  I don't like adding preferences without a plan.
>
> Ryan

So here is the suggestion, for "static pages" capability:

Please consider the option of adding Sections control to WP:  quickly
put, Categories is like post metadata: some information agregated to a
post relating to it's content. Sections is how a post is presented, or
better put, in which template a particular post is presented.
If WP had that, two very requested features would be added at once:
static pages (just create a new section, with it's own template and if
you want css - the template is the static page itself) and diferent
presentation of different post categories (a category would be called
from inside the template the user wants).
Take an "About" page for example.  With Sections, you create an "About"
section (with template and css), and create an "About" category.
Exclude the "About" category from your index.php, but call it from
about.php.  This way you can use WP to manage the "About" content
dinamically, and WP's online text editor to edit the section's template
and css.

There's a thread i started at the foruns about his:
http://wordpress.org/support/4/4956.

Eduardo