[wp-hackers] Limiting # of posts when a category is viewed?

Luc Saint-Elie luc at saint-elie.com
Sun Jun 20 21:01:59 UTC 2004

At 12:15 -0700 20/06/04, Rich Manalang wrote:
>Another solution is condensing the size of an entry to x-number of
>words when viewed in a date or category archive.  I wrote a plugin
>to do just that.  Look here ->
>
>http://manalang.com/archives/2004/05/26/wordpress-plugin-condensed-content-for-date-and-category-archives

Rich,

I just tried it and this is a good approach.. I adopted it :-)

A suggestion :

At the en d of the condensed text you may want to add a link to the full text.

I KNOW.. the title of the message is the link, but with a little bit
of text juts behind the title it's not obvious at first glance that
there is more to read.

Congratulation for this plug in..

Luc

--