[wp-hackers] Wordpress User Authentication

Alex nessence at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 21:04:27 UTC 2004

I think we hit on two things

a) Being able to authenticate using a non-WP-specific interface (eg,
LDAP, another site, etc)

b) Being able to use WP as a secure mechanism of authentication for an
external system. For example, a script which is to large to be a WP
plugin, but may want to use WP as a means of authentication and which
is WP-centric.

derivative of b):
c) Foreign API access (with the ability to do more than just check
authentication, and is secure)

I think having a) and c) would make b) obsolete.

I'm not sure which one of these is best for Brian Groce.

Alex