[wp-hackers] Welcome :)

wyzewoman.1930424 at bloglines.com wyzewoman.1930424 at bloglines.com
Thu Jun 17 20:55:32 UTC 2004

--- hackers at wordpress.org wrote:

 * who you are

I'm Kendra Burbank.
I'm a graduate student in biophysics -- so nothing at all to do with computers
-- but I like playing around a bit with Wordpress in my spare time.

 *
why you're here

I've written one plugin (viewlevel) and found it very challenging
to make it do what I want without modifying actual wordpress source code.
 So I'm here to either learn new tricks or help move the development in a
direction where the APIs are more complete.

Specifically, I, like others,
have wanted to modify the $posts variable - so a hook on that would be very
useful.  But there are also a lot of places in wordpress where posts are selected
outside the context of the $posts variable - in making the calendar, for instance,
or in making the rss comments feeds; I'd love a way to be able to filter the
results in all of these cases.  (Maybe the ability to modify the WHERE bit
of the sql command, as mentioned before, would do the trick.)

Kendra Burbank
  kendra at macmail.com

 http://www.furbona.org