[wp-hackers] Intervening in $posts derivation in wp-blog-header

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Thu Jun 17 03:13:08 UTC 2004

ayj & j wrote:
> My questions under this heading from yesterday represent a group of plugins
> I want to work on which involve an interaction with the derivation of $posts
> in wp-blog-header. I think probably some hooks are needed in that file to
> allow this intervention (if hooks can be considered a meaningful term in the
> middle of a script rather than as part of a function).

Incidentally, unless it's changed since last I looked, the database
queries you're talking about move from wp-blog-header.php to
wp-includes/functions.php in pre-1.3.

I agree that a little control over the selection of posts (or other
tweaks to the various database queries) is a great idea.  Of course, it
also lets users really shoot themselves in the foot.  =)

I haven't looked through the new 1.3 "query_posts()" function (or
whatever it's called) enough yet to remember if that kind of control is
available.