[wp-hackers] Intervening in $posts derivation in wp-blog-header

ayj & j yllyn at clear.net.nz
Thu Jun 17 02:55:32 UTC 2004

Matt wrote

>>I'm particularly interested to hear about plugins you've wanted to write
but couldn't, or plugins you've written but run into problems doing.

My questions under this heading from yesterday represent a group of plugins
I want to work on which involve an interaction with the derivation of $posts
in wp-blog-header. I think probably some hooks are needed in that file to
allow this intervention (if hooks can be considered a meaningful term in the
middle of a script rather than as part of a function).

I will in any case have a look at what I would do as a hack in
wp-blog-header to achieve what I want as a starting point perhaps to
establishing what might be useful points (positions in wp-blog-header) for
intervention. It may be that some useful interventions would be easy (for
example initialising $where to some values other than '"") but anyway I will
have a look at it further.

If this sounds a waste of time / wrong direction do feel free to tell me and
I can focus on something else.

:-)

Andrew H