[wp-hackers] Re: $single

David Chait cgcode at chait.net
Wed Jun 16 17:30:03 UTC 2004

Yeah, I agree on both points.

For page_type, I'm not sure what's needed more than home, single, archive --
in terms of raw usage.  Maybe a secondary variable to get more specific, but
then again for people like me, if it isn't home or single, it's archive...
;)

I'd love to see a single global $wp or such.  I'd also like to see the
current approach of 'shoehorning' current table state into $wpdb undone,
where it really wants to be in a $wp or $page object.  Keep $wpdb clean.

I'm sure I'll have much more to comment on as I migrate from 1.0alpha to
1.3alpha... ;)

-d