[wp-hackers] DB tables changes to WP - dateYMDhour in users table

Goghs Cheng chenggao at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 08:43:36 UTC 2004

I have suggested some changes to WP long ago ( post in WP forum:
http://wordpress.org/support/index.php?action=vthread&forum=6&topic=41
).
Since we have this ML, I plan to reopen these topics for discussion.

To make things clearer, I'll do it one by one.

 I suggest improvements to DB schema. I think WP DB structures have
too many inheritted features/drawbacks from B2.

dateYMDhour field in users table
The only occurence of this field is when one resigters to a WP site.
The only DB operation concerned is in wp-admin/users.php - add user
info into DB.
We can tell this field is for record of user registration time. I
think this makes sense. But obviously, the field name is too bad. So
why not change it to 'user_reg_time' ?
And since we have this field in DB, we should use it. Otherwise we
should delete it. But since this field is a meanful one, my suggestion
is we leave it and invent some use of it. One obvious usage is in
admin interface->Users , that's we display a "User got his/her feet
on" info.