[wp-hackers] andrew hall - who why what & suggestion

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Wed Jun 16 02:39:28 UTC 2004

ayj & j wrote:

> I find the greatest constraint to efficiently creating something for WP - or
> just helping someone else with their problem - is getting deeply familiar
> with the underlying core WP code and structure. This might not be a problem
> for the main WP developers but I am sure it is for many others who
> nevertheless could make a useful contribution to WP.

To be fair all the developers, including myself, had to go through this at
some point. When Mike and I picked up the b2 code to work on what would
become WordPress there were large parts of the code that we had no
familiarity with at all. A lot of .70 was us just figuring out what was
going on. :)

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | more soon...