[wp-hackers] Removal of unnecessary files.

Matthew Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Sat Jul 31 22:38:13 UTC 2004

There are no unnecessary files. If there are any unnecessary or
dangerous files then we should remove them from the distribution. I
think if we tell people to delete some files after installation when
they don't need to we just add an unnecessary extra step and increase
the risk of them deleting something important.

On Jul 31, 2004, at 3:40 PM, Craig Hartel wrote:

> Thinking out loud: Could there not be an option at the end of the WP
> install process to automagically have the unneeded files deleted? Or,
> at least something in the OPTIONS panel to do this?
>
> Would this cause code bloat? No idea about the ramifications of this.
> I'm just wearing my USER hat. (Well, it's the only one I have,
> actually.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Craig.

Matt Mullenweg