[wp-hackers] Table updater wish

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Fri Jul 30 21:49:55 UTC 2004

> > This could be something that parses SQL dumps and extracts
> > the info from
> > there. But the idea is for it to be flexible enough that when
> > we add a new
> > column or index or something:
> >
> > 1. We only change one place in the code and it's in the
> > install and upgrade 2. It won't add duplicates

Ok, the thing I wrote works.  Installs and upgrades based on a single
dumped SQL script (after you replace the "wp_"s with "$wpdb->"s).

Is there a reason why the installer goes through steps that the user
must click through even though there isn't any interaction, or could the
installer just flash and be done?  Curious.

Owen