[wp-hackers] Managing Many WP blogs

Chris Lott Chris.Lott at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 15:40:26 UTC 2004

> One database and several subfolders is all that's necessary: see
> http://wiki.wordpress.org/MultipleBlogs. It's not that hard.

That's what I am doing on my own site. BUT with potentially 300-400
blogs I think I want to script the installs. Even at five minutes per
blog that is still a significant amount of time, so II'll probably
write something that launches with a username from a secure form and
creates the account, passwords it, creates the db, does the install,
mails the user their login info and voila. I haven't found any
automated installation scripts yet, so I'm just hacking the one that
comes with WP.

Then I need to think about automatic upgrades.

I'm still undecided if I want all of those users sharing a single database!