[wp-hackers] wimpy player

garett at harnish.ca garett at harnish.ca
Thu Jul 29 20:23:47 UTC 2004

On Sat, Jul 03, 2004 at 02:24:57AM +0000, Kristin wrote:
> I tried the one that owen posted.  it works well but if I try to
> attach it to a post it screws up the css of the page for some reason.
> i think it is because wp fixes the unclosed tags and puts /param /param /param

I know this thread is a little old, but it's new to me.   There is a way to fix the problem if you want to.

1) Turn off the option to fix invalid nested XHTML (option->writing),
2) Install Alex King's WP Unformatted plugin (http://www.alexking.org/software/wordpress/), and
3) Set a custom field of 'sponge' with a value of '1' in the post you are adding the flash object to.

After that, it works just fine.  Not exactly automated, but doable.

--
Garett