[wp-hackers] Images, images, EVERYWHERE!

Curioso curioso at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 10:41:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, 29 Jul 2004 11:17:19 +0100, David House <dave at xmouse.ithium.net> wrote:

> I think I'm with Matt here: wp-content seems a likely place for user content.
> wp-images certainly cannot be used, as said. an images/ folder in the root is
> another idea: 4 folders isn't exactly a cramped situation. But still, why put
> things in the root when you can put them in a folder desiged for exactly this
> usage?

I agree that user uploaded images belong in the wp-content directory
and not in the wp-images directory in the default WordPress install.
But seeing that the upload directory can be switched in the option
pages, I propose that plugins also follow this updated location when
looking for images.

For my own installation I prefer to keep user files away from the
wordpress directory so that I can throw away the directory and replace
it with a new version without danger of losing important files. I can
do that by switching the upload directory to a directory at the root
level of my site.

Curioso