[wp-hackers] Menu Plugin Hook?

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Wed Jul 28 18:51:27 UTC 2004

> >There are a few plugins (for example, I just downloaded ChaitGear's
> >library) that make modifications to the main admin menu.  It
> would be
> >great if the menu included a plugin  hook.
> >
> I think Matt just added something like that. Check out the CVS.

Ah, yes.

I guess then that you can simply add a new line to you plugin file such
as:

$menu[21] = array('My Stuff', 8, 'my-stuff.php');

..to add a menu "My Stuff" between the Links and Users options for user
levels 8 and higher, that links to my-stuff.php.

Can we possibly have a similar option for the Options page submenu?

By and by, rather than include it in the loop:
if (<should_add_upload_option_to_menu>) $menu[45] = array(...);

> However, when entering/leaving /wp-admin/plugins.php,
> wouldn't the menu
> dance all over the screen? Just a thought.

Wouldn't you just lose the menu options that had been inserted by
plugins?

I'm not a big fan of adding more menu options for plugins, but I'm even
less of a fan of modifying the menu code when they're needed.  :)

Owen