[wp-hackers] echo and return and passing parameters: a proposal

Brian Meidell brian at mindflow.dk
Wed Jul 28 13:38:15 UTC 2004

David House wrote:
> with hundreds of extra functions, but these are very small and I don't think
> they'd have too much of a hit on performance. It would be interesting to see
> some figures, though).

I made a php script with 1 function and then an identical with 1000
functions, and called a function repeatedly.
The difference was 0.2 ms at 1000 function calls.

I gueses the worst case lookup of functions would be of log(n)
complexity, meaning that the time it takes to find the function doubles,
every time the number of functions increases tenfold.

/Brian