[wp-hackers] echo and return

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Tue Jul 27 16:06:15 UTC 2004

On Jul 27, 2004, at 8:17 AM, lowmagnet at lowmag.net wrote:

> It seems that this would become the syntax:
>
> <?php echo the_date(array("before" => "<h2>", "after" => "</h2>")); ?>
>
> Any takers on this technique?

	Nice to see someone brought this up.  If someone is tracking the votes
I'd got for this option above the URL format.  Besides, unless everyone
is using urlencode() on their parameters and all of the WP functions
use urldecode() to get the proper values the URL format will break when
values that aren't URL friendly are being passed (like spaces).

--
Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/