[wp-hackers] Function Parameters

Brian Meidell Andersen brian at mindflow.dk
Mon Jul 26 20:41:06 UTC 2004

Randy Peterman wrote:

> And not in a spirit of debate or argument for whichever method is
> better but sincere curiosity:
> Which method has better performance results?  If I had a WordPress
> page returning the default

I can almost certainly say that normal parameters are faster, but in the
same breath I can also say that I think the difference is academic.
Unless the parse functions are either extremely badly implemented (which
I find highly unlikely) or there are thousands of calls to these
functions at every page view.

This is all based on the assumption that the PHP developers didn't do
something really funky with their calling conventions, but that would
surprise me a lot.

/Brian