[wp-hackers] Adding a "base URI" to index.php

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 19:26:21 UTC 2004

I came across this thread in the support forums, which helps avoid
problem with users adding relative links to images and such (even the
stylesheet link wp uses is _not_ relative),and I think this is a
common enough problem, because the relative link would break when
using permalinks. The thread I am talking about is at
http://wordpress.org/support/3/9261

The solution is a w3.org recommendation(
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#h-12.4 ) to add
<base href="http://www.youwebsite.com/">
to index.php

This might be a useful modification to the default index.php, and more
user friendly.

Carthik.
--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net