[wp-hackers] wp-mail major update

Brian Meidell Andersen brian at mindflow.dk
Fri Jul 23 21:10:57 UTC 2004

Hi John,

One of the features I brought from my own blog system, and which I will
hopefully get into plugin form some time in the future is an applet I
made called BlogHelper.
As I wrote this email, I just discovered that it's broken on my site
after I migrated to wordpress, and furthermore the server is down so I
can't fix it. So I can't offer to demonstrate just now, but I can
explain it.

It's an applet that gives you a little canvas onto which you can drag
and drop or paste images from other webpages or whatever. It then shows
up on the canvas and lets you crop it and press "save".
This saves it on the server. Javascript can then get the URL for the
newly stored image, create an IMG tag and stick it in your authoring window.
I've used the applet myself for some months and I can honestly say that
it's really handy for slapping little images in your entries.

It has some issues, but I am working on the next version of it which
will fix some of the flaws it has right now. But even in it's current
form it's quite useful.

As soon as my server is alive and I can fix the page up so the applet
can run, I'll show you.
There is the one caveat that it requires the blog author to have Java
1.4 on his or her machine to use it, but as long as the guests don't
need it, I don't see that as a big problem.

/Brian