[wp-hackers] Introduce yourself

Brian Meidell Andersen brian at mindflow.dk
Fri Jul 23 21:05:12 UTC 2004

I found this email on the archives, and I chose to reply even though
it's a while ago.

My name is Brian Meidell. I am a 25 year old danish/american programmer.
I've worked with web development for 7 years, both personally and
professionally. I've used a multitide of languages and technologies, but
none as much as the PHP/MySQL combo.
Now I work as a game programmer and only do web development in my spare
time and when I get freelance work.

I'm here because I took the rather sudden plunge yesterday to migrate my
own blog from my own software to wordpress. I took the features I liked
from my own with me to wordpress, and I am planning to make those
features into plugins in the foreseeable future.
I changed to wordpress for two reasons:
1) Some of my friends use wordpress, and it'd be nice to be able to
share any development efforts with them.
2) It's nice that whatever work I might do can benefit other people than me.
I am also here because I imagine that I will be contributing code to
wordpress, and I'd like to be in touch with other people who do the
same. I also want to contribute to the development of wordpress itself,
particularly the plugin API.
I think that also answers what I want to get out of this list.

It's nice to be here, and I'll be looking forward to all the hackey
goodness.

/Brian
http://meidell.dk/blog (server down at the time of this posting)