[wp-hackers] adding in RSS mode to trackback

Shelley Powers shelleyp at burningbird.net
Thu Jul 22 17:21:57 UTC 2004

Movable Type's implementation of Trackback had a feature where if you
passed in a mode parameter of RSS it would provide an RSS feed of a
post's trackback pings, as described here (
http://www.movabletype.org/docs/mttrackback.html ).

I use this for a thing I call Backtrack, which you can see with this
post (see Backtrack at end of article -
http://weblog.burningbird.net/archives/2004/07/21/kind-people-neat-pictures-and-kookaburra/).
I didn't even think about this not working with Wordpress. I thought
about adding the functionality to wp-trackback and then sending a patch
to Matt to incorporate into WP. The thing is, would something like this
be useful?

If I and Sam Ruby are about the only one's who have done this type of
Backtrack, I'm not sure if the time involved would be worth it.

Any thoughts on this?

Shelley