[wp-hackers] Plugin Site

Craig Hartel milquetoast at telus.net
Fri Jul 16 15:59:24 UTC 2004

wp-plugins.org domain name has been purchased and I will be starting a site very
soon. I'd like to canvas you all to get your thoughts and ideas on how you would
like to see it set up.

How about a blog style, with categories for the plugins, and the sub-categories
would be the authors?

What about a forum-style thing?

I don't really want to be a support site, more of a portal through which to find
all the great stuff you folks have created.

I'd like to include screen grabs where appropriate, and, of course, a list of
sites that have implemented the plugin if it is also appropriate to do so.

I thought about doing reviews as well based on these factors, as an example:
- Quality of documentation
- Ease of installation (more for new bloggers' information, really)
- Functionality
- Added value to WP experience.
This is not to do anything more than try to provide a perspective. It's not
about getting a rating, rather it's about being One with the Zen of the
WordPress concept of "Code is Poetry." We WP users hold the software in high
regard, and the related plugin work should uphold the same principles.

No plugin is too complex, too primitive, too big, nor too small.

Let the discussion begin! I am open to everything, and have not made any
decisions on anything other than the domain name.

Craig.
NuclearMoose.