[wp-hackers] Category Trackback

Luca Lizzeri luca.lizzeri at ngi.it
Wed Jul 14 21:37:30 UTC 2004

Hello Shelley,

>Hmmm. Did Luca get the idea from these conversations? Reason why I ask
>is that sometimes others might want to try some coding themselves, but
>chat about look and feel with other coders, first. That doesn't mean
>we don't want to do try the work ourselves, rather than have others do
>it.

Yes. The proposal from Tara Star gave me the idea. It was crystalized by
the implementation suggested by Matt:

"Addtional field in category table (like category_trackback) with a
newline separated list of URIs to ping when a post is made to a
category. Then use the publish/edit action hooks to do the proper
pinging when a post is published. Already pinged URIs should be saved in
the post level field for this. "

Really sorry if I trod on some feet. Didn't expect to do it this fast,
or that it'd be adopted this fast. I just had some free time this
afternoon and sent the code to Matt for an opinion. Tomorrow morning
I'll send the patches to the list (everything is on the office PC ...).

>And exactly what do you mean, 'solid WP fasions"?

I sure hope it's a compliment :-)

Cheers,
    Luca