[wp-hackers] wordpress validation

Owen Winkler ringmaster at midnightcircus.com
Wed Jul 14 18:46:30 UTC 2004

> after trying to get my page to validate for hours (and giving
> up) I noticed that http://wiki.wordpress.org/HomePage does
> not validate, yet it has the validation banner at the bottom
> of the page..!

The problem seems to be PHP adding session IDs to the querystring of
links using a plain ampersand instead of an "&".  Validators don't
like this, but I don't think the problem lies within the code of the
Wiki OR the content of the Wiki.

Of more import, there are a few things in the WP admin pages that don't
validate.  They're not grievous, but seem easily fixed.  For example,
the labels for longitude and latitude are "for" input elements that are
not labeled (name is set, but not id).  Also, there are a few input
fields that are not closed (<input />).

As I write this, I'm thinking that this is neither the support area (Why
doesn't my page validate?) nor the bug reporting area
(http://mosquito.wordpress.org) and I wonder what possessed me to
respond to this at all.

Owen