[wp-hackers] automatically trackbacking a url if post is in given category

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Tue Jul 13 19:36:09 UTC 2004

Tara Star wrote:

> e.g., each time I post something to my "Music" category, I would like WP
> to trackback http://topicexchange.com/t/music/ -- can that be done? Does
> a plugin/hack for this exist? (otherwise I'll end up doing it if nobody
> does ;-))

Suggested implementation:

Addtional field in category table (like category_trackback) with a newline
separated list of URIs to ping when a post is made to a category. Then use
the publish/edit action hooks to do the proper pinging when a post is
published. Already pinged URIs should be saved in the post level field for
this.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | more soon...