[wp-hackers] Managing User Levels and Capabilities

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 02:23:06 UTC 2004

http://wiki.wordpress.org/User%20Levels

describes the existing framework.

There needs to be a well thought out framework, by default, and then
we could have users change permission levels as they would like, as an
option.

Carthik.

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 21:55:37 -0400, Owen Winkler
<ringmaster at midnightcircus.com> wrote:
> > Is there an easy way to indicate what level user can do what... (I'm
> > hoping there's a manage user roles and capabilities admin screen
> > planned for 1.3)
>
> If this is to suggest a more ACL-like control over user permissions, rather
> than the current BBS-like user level permission control, I second this
> request.
>
> Sometimes you just want to assign specific permissions.  And other times,
> you just don't want to have to remember what user level does what.  (And the
> user level interface is the clunkiest part of WordPress admin.)
>
> Provide a hook for plugins to add new permissions to the list of all
> permissions, and we've got a winner!
>
> Owen

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net