[wp-hackers] GPL licensing.

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 14:40:07 UTC 2004

The whole email was about the individual source files not having the
GPL header.
The interpretations as to what the license.txt in the package covers
is doubtful, too.
I hope someone looks into this.

Carthik.

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 01:51:30 -0500, Jorge Salido <jsalido at gmail.com> wrote:
> Note that you only require the complete GPL once in the whole package,
> other than that you only need to point to it in each file. I'd bet the
> purpose of having the copyright in every file is that if anyone gets
> one of the files from the package from somewhere other than the
> package itself, it is still known that that code is GPL'd. Maybe you
> could get a better answer from an actual lawyer. Or look around / ask
> at slashdot, groklaw or the FSF.
>
> Raising a flag about the possible no-compliance is good. Maybe no one
> around here had even noticed there were guidelines to having your
> software under the GPL.
>
> Jorge

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net