[wp-hackers] Translating 1.5 with Rosetta

Kimmo Suominen kim at tac.nyc.ny.us
Wed Dec 22 17:24:02 UTC 2004

What about HTML markup?  I was thinking that at least markup that covers
the whole phrase should not be included for translation.  Any opinions?

There also seem to be numerous ways of saying exactly the same thing:
sometimes with a "cute" phrase, sometimes in a straight-forward way.
I find these tough to translate -- wouldn't it be better to just use
the straight-forward expression always, not the "cute" ones?

I also ran across at least a couple of phrases that had been split
into 2 strings.  These tend to be impossible to translate properly.

Regards,
+ Kim
--
<A HREF="http://kimmo.suominen.com/">Kimmo Suominen</A>