[wp-hackers] Translating 1.5 with Rosetta

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Dec 21 20:32:23 UTC 2004

I setup WordPress on the Rosetta Translation Portal.

https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta/

For information about Rosetta, see the release announcement.

https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/RosettaReleaseAnnouncement

I uploaded the latest 1.5 POT file to Rosetta last night.  When I
checked this morning, translations were already underway for several
languages.  If you would like to try out Rosetta, first you need to sign
up with Ubuntu.

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/join_form

After that, start translating.

https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta/products/wordpress

I am hopeful that this will be a useful collaborative tool that will
lower the bar for contributors wanting to localize WP.  I am also
hopeful that we will attract more translators and better leverage the
broader open source translation community.  The fact that translations
started within hours of setting up the project and in the absence of any
announcement is a good sign.

So, try it out.  Let us know how it works for you.

Ryan