[lists] [wp-hackers] Anti-spam Idea

Elliott Bäck ecb29 at cornell.edu
Sat Dec 18 20:35:55 UTC 2004

One problem I see is that a flood of comments isn't really an indicator
of spam.  For example, when you post a new post on a popular blog,
you'll end up getting a lot of comments at first, and less later.  Also,
if someone big links to an old post you'd still get that comment
flood... it would be really hard to come up with heuristics to classify
spam.  In fact, I wager that all heuristic methods for combating spam
are inherently flawed.

But automatic creation / modification of .htaccess is a cool idea!

Thanks,
Elliott C. Bäck

607-229-0623
119 Blair St. #2