[wp-hackers] DOM scripting help needed

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Dec 13 19:31:52 UTC 2004

Looking for people to help out with some JS stuff in WordPress.

To start out, try adding this to your my-hacks.php (or whatever):

if ( stristr($_SERVER["HTTP_ACCEPT"], 'application/xhtml+xml') )
    header('Content-type: application/xhtml+xml; charset=utf-8');

I've been running my WP admin in this mode for a bit now and it's been
very helpful in catching places where we had silly HTML mistakes or
similar. Unfortunately this breaks all of the (admittedly little)
javascript we use. Places that need work that I've noticed:

* Auto-closing of bookmarklet
* Quicktags
* The new show hidden fields thing (which also has some TODOs inline)

Quicktags might not be fixable, but anyone want to take a stab at the
other two?

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://photomatt.net  | http://wordpress.org