[wp-hackers] Trackback and Pingback in WordPress

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Wed Dec 8 22:42:19 UTC 2004

You can't rely on rel="trackback"... you really have to look for the
RDF.  Lowest common denominator, and all.

Any ideas on how we can keep the post time to a minimum?  A site with 10
links to 10 different sites would take a while to post, searching for PB
and TB on each one.  Perhaps we could save the entry, then redirect the
poster to a list of all the links with a "Ping" checkmark next to each.
It could attempt to send a Trackback, and if no Trackback URI is found,
attempt to send a Pingback.  Or maybe the other way around.