[wp-hackers] Removing ?= from searches

Mathias Bynens mathibus at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:00:47 UTC 2004

Alex' code is exactly what I was talking about up in the first reply
to this thread.

Robert, I'm afraid "get_sesttings" won't work either :P

<?php
header('Location: ' . get_settings('siteurl') . '/search/' .
urlencode(stripslashes($_POST['s'])));
die();
?>

There you are. However, redirecting slows down the whole thing. These
fancy search URIs are ultra-cool for permalinks (if you're blogging
about your site's search function or something), but maybe it's not
that user friendly to force the redirection. After all, someone who
searches your blog will mostly care about the search results, and not
about the URI fanciness.