[wp-hackers] Please, please PLEASE use tabs instead of spaces!

smea gol logicus at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:04:04 UTC 2004

Spaces look more uniform though, while tabs are often set differently
on different editors. Also, occasionally when changing the
reindentation - you'd have to go back and add spaces anyways - since
tabs are set at a certain distance.

The php parser ignores spaces anyways, so it really isn't that big of a deal.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:03:18 +0100, David House <dave at xmouse.ithium.net> wrote:
> Just a note to anyone writing core code or plugins: PLEASE use tabs (that's \t)
> instead of spaces. It means a huge reduction in filesize, and I (and others)
> have my tab length set at 2, not the usual 4 (which works for me), which means
> documents render oddly if spaces are used. After downloading the latest
> /wp-includes/classes.php from the CVS and running a find-replace of 4 spaces
> replaced with 1 tab, Dreamweaver found 1070 instances to replace. 1070! Come
> on, guys.

"One has no right to existence or to work, to say nothing of a right
to "happiness": the individual human being is in precisely the same
case as the lowest worm.
Nietzsche "The will to power" pg. 398