[wp-hackers] WP Tabs

Arvind Satyanarayan arvind_2111 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 26 09:37:07 UTC 2004

Arvind Satyanarayan wrote:

> Someone commented on Matt's entry of WP Tabs that it would be better
> if the wiki pages loaded in the sidebar. I said that it would become
> annoying to browse as you would get a shitload of horizontal scroll
> but I'm actual deliberating it. The wiki loading in the sidebar means
> even more coding flexibility as you can have WP (or MT) opened in the
> main part and browse through the docs in the sidebar copy code over.
> Thoughts ?

I'm sorry I'm thinking out loud :P Oh well I've left it up to the users,
implemented a little javascript and a check box. Check the box, pages
open up in the sidebar. Leave the check box clear and pages open up in
the main part as they do now !

This feature will only be available to those browsers that support the
sidebars. If someone is using Safari they will need to use the frames
version and hence links will open up in the main part of the screen not
the sidebar.

Now I seem to be having trouble with supporting IE bah ~ in the fact the
old version seems to not be working correctly in IE causing it to open
new windows.

--
Arvind Satyanarayan
http://blog.arvind-satya.com - Chinwags from Abu Dhabi