[wp-hackers] comment spam blacklist

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Thu Aug 26 08:42:48 UTC 2004

also, I think that if Simon Willison's blacklist at
http://simon.incutio.com/blacklist.txt can be implemented, it'll be
great. Its one of the extensive blacklists that I've seen, extensive
than Jay Allen's I think, & he updates it every 24 hours.

Also, I agree with Jonathan. A kind of Trash Bin would be great where
comments matching the domains on the blacklist will be put, regardless
whether comment moderation is on or not, so that they can be deleted in
one go. It'll save considerable time that we spend in sifting through
the comments lined up for moderation.

cheers
Amit

---------- Original Message from atmasphere at atmasphere.net
<mailto:atmasphere at atmasphere.net>  ----------

I have not actually posted anything here, been listening since the
beginning so hey everyone...

I'd love to get a more aggressive way of blocking comment spam in WP.
It's cool to have them deflect into a bin to approve, but how about
more
of a trash or junk bin like in email.  That way you can see what action
has been taken and delete them all at once or free one which may have
slipped through.  I am under my second attack from the fioricet /
tramadol bandit and while I am blocking the comments from going live,
it
takes time to see the email, manually delete them in bulk mode.

This is a real problem and I know it effects a lot of users....

JG