[wp-hackers] A Challenge for YOU! :)

Carthik Sharma carthik at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 23:44:21 UTC 2004

The easiest way would be to have page with the tags displayed and an
example index.php with the tag in action. I have thought about this
for a while, as I have about a template tag creator, a site, that,
given a tagname will let the user pick options, and then finally
provide the tag to include in the webpage.

Big ideas, no time, that's me :)

Carthik

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 16:40:58 -0700, Craig Hartel <milquetoast at telus.net> wrote:
> Howdy, folks.
>
> I have a challenge for you fine people, and it's a significant one. You know all
> of those fabulous template tags you use in your hacks and plugins and other
> great code? Well, I don't understand most of them. I am a user. I can go to the
> wiki, find a tag, and I can reasonably guess that it's the right one that I wish
> to use. However, at that point, I'm stumped. The current level of documentation
> is likely good enough for those WPers of the hacking variety; we users don't
> have much of an idea about how we can use those tags, what we can and can't do
> to personalize or customize them and stuff like that.
>
> Granted, not all tags are customizable, but that could be spelled out too. My
> challenge to you folks is for each of you to grab five or ten or however many
> you would like and document the living crap out of it.
>
> Remember, you are doing this for the users--the masses of dedicated WP bloggers
> who give all of you purpose and meaning! ;) Okay, that's a bit over the top, but
> there is ALWAYS a pile of questions in the support forums about the tags. Most
> folks do go visit the pages in the Wiki as suggested, but they come back with
> nearly as many questions as their previous post.
>
> What say you? Are you equal to the task?
>
> Many thanks from the Wilds of Userdom.
>
> Craig Hartel
> Nuclear Moose

When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- 老子 Lǎozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net