[wp-hackers] Default Date is Inhumane...

Seth Thomas Rasmussen seth at sethrasmussen.com
Mon Aug 23 20:41:13 UTC 2004

> I probably should have added, this being an international list, that I
> *am* an American, especially before adding a line that inflammatory.

I am also an American, and I would like to add that this comment:

"The United States of America is one of the dumbest nations in the world."

came across far too intense and is unfair. We are no doubt still one of the
smartest. But our respect for and support of education is abismal, and it's
showing more and more as time passes. Ultimately, this, more than anything,
will be the cause of our fall from grace. Even if the exact cause is, say, a
resource war, we will have always known that it could have been avoided if
we'd learned more about alternative energy or respected another culture
before we plundered them.

For example...

But yes, seriously, back to the hacking... :) I am mainly a lurker on this
list, but I felt that initial comment had to be addressed as it affects so
much, from this discussion on date formats to beyond.

--
_Deirdre  web: http://deirdre.net        blog: http://deirdre.org/blog/
yarn: http://fuzzyorange.com    cat's blog: http://fuzzyorange.com/vsd/