[wp-hackers] XHTML Strict Mode

Jamie Talbot wphackers at jamietalbot.com
Thu Aug 19 08:18:34 UTC 2004

Hi,

Currently working on a version that will handle poor attributes as well.  Am
outputting double quotes in the parsed version, no real reason, just prefer
them myself, especially for Javascript problems that require single quotes.

In the meantime, I packaged up the validifying functions in a class so there
shouldn't me any more conflicts.  Version 0.7 also includes a knocked up output
page which will open on request or if an unfixable error comes up.  It needs a
little work to pretty print the input and output if there is too long, and uses
'xmp' tags which are deprecated (ironic, huh?), but it's a start.

Take a look, test it to destruction!  (Remember it doesn't do attributes yet -
am concentrating on whole tags first....)  Would especially appreciate testing
against latest or recent CVS builds.

http://www.jamietalbot.com/wp-hacks/xvalid.zip

Source at:

http://www.jamietalbot.com/wp-hacks/xvalid.phps