[wp-hackers] Re: posts paged

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Aug 17 18:24:14 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 13:22 -0400, scriptygoddess wrote:
> Hmm... this is a little concerning for me - as I designed that
> wpPaginate plugin so that I could paginate stuff differently for
> archive and search results. (ie. instead of seemingly un-ending
> "next/previous" links - the archives are NUMBERED...so you can quickly
> go to the LAST page/first page etc. easily) (you can do a search on
> scriptygoddess to see this in action)

I think it should still work.  You can set $nopaging=true before the wp-
blog-header include or add a filter to 'query_string' that adds
'&nopaging=true' to the query string.  This will disable WordPress'
internal paging, leaving it entirely up to you.

> Will there be, built in, the ability to do it like that? Or will it
> require an entirely new plugin. :(

We'll make sure your plugin will still work, although some small changes
may be needed.  I'll look into it.

Ryan