[wp-hackers] How do I go about designing WP UI?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Sun Aug 15 20:36:20 UTC 2004

Rubén Marrero wrote:
> :-) I know how to code, I just want to learn the wp-way of doing it.
> That is the do's and don'ts of wp-architecture. Anyone well-versed on it
> to point me to the basic docs?

There are some coding style guidelines on the WordPress site:

   http://wordpress.org/docs/developer/coding-style/

Also, for loops that span long tracts of code, you'll sometimes see the
alternate control syntax used. For example, instead of:

   foreach ($fooarray as $foo) {
     // ...long section of code...
   }

you might instead see:

   foreach ($fooarray as $foo):
     // ...long section of code...
   endforeach;

This can be useful because it gives a more explicit indication of which
code block is ending. Otherwise, you can sometimes find yourself trying
to count curly braces to figure out where a particular block ends.

   http://www.php.net/manual/en/control-structures.alternative-syntax.php

--
Ernest MacDougal Campbell III, MCP+I, MCSE <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/             http://spam.gunters.org/