[wp-hackers] Showing posts from multiple WP sites on a single site

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Sat Aug 14 01:29:45 UTC 2004

Two things... ;)

1. I did preface it with "especially if the blogs aren't on the same
server/host". :)

2. Since Feedread does caching, it's actually significantly >less< overhead
than the normal processing.  Of course, caching has the downside of not
immediately picking up changes -- you either have to: a. turn the re-cache
interval down to maybe 30 mins or an hour or so, or b. when you add a new
post, clear the cache (I could easily add a one-shot call to do just that,
instead of doing it by hand).

All that said, if you know PHP well, and all the blogs are in the same DB,
and you know the WP tables well, you can certainly write a mega-loop
yourself. ;)

-d