[wp-hackers] applying a filter to when a new post is made

Giacomo Lacava giacomo.lacava at bakerstreetsystems.co.uk
Mon Aug 9 22:13:13 UTC 2004

Chuck Guenther wrote:

> add_action('publish_post', 'functionName', 0);
> add_action('edit_post', 'functionName', 0);

I'll jump on this thread to ask for some clarifications...

When does WP actually call these two interfaces, "publish_post" and
"edit_post"? is it _before_ publishing/editing (that is, committing
changes to db) or _after_ the fact?

I ask because I'm writing a simple version control plugin right now :)
If it's like I hope, these hooks are invoked before actually committing
the new data to the db, and my plugin is almost done ;) otherwise I'm
back to the drawing board.

Giacomo
(who's becoming strangely addicted to WP plugin scripting)