[wp-hackers] multiblog + localization = which option?

Tara Star tellme at climbtothestars.org
Mon Aug 9 19:36:20 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've seen discussions about multiblog buzz up and fizzle out these last
couple of weeks, and I've sorta lost track. Forgive me if I'm asking
silly question, but the situation isn't really clear for me, and I need
to decide the way to go pretty soon. Hope this is on-topic for the
hackers list, and apologies if it isn't.

Within the next two weeks, I'm going to be setting up between a dozen
and thirty weblogs for my pupils. In French.

a) when is 1.3 planned for? If I install an alpha, how much of a mess is
it going to be when I upgrade? If I start off with 1.2, how much of a
mess is /that/ going to be?

b) is multiblog /going/ to be in 1.3? Any chance it will be in there (in
CVS) within, say... a week? (I've seen people talk about it, but is
anyone actually working on it?)

c) is the multiblog "we're thinking of" going to be something which
allows me to generate n blogs in n subfolders of the initial install? n
subdomains? What will they share, what will be independant?

d) Matt -- on 7/30 you talked about getting in touch with a guy who had
automated WP install ("you just enter a username and it creates a new WP
blog") -- got any replies on that?

e) is anybody on the list involved with the localization effort (for
French, in particular?) Does it keep up with the developments ongoing
for 1.3?

Thanks a lot for any information that'll help me decide "to hack or not
to hack" (I'll keep you posted.)

Steph aka bunnywabbit_
--
http://climbtothestars.org/